AFP offers networking opportunities, a commitment to the highest ethical standards, and cutting-edge educational and professional advancement opportunities. With more 30,000 members in more than 200 chapters throughout North America, AFP is the only association representing the entire fundraising profession.
Top Ten Reasons to Join Video – whether you’re new to AFP or a seasoned veteran, you’ll recognize these value added benefits of membership
Action University – a new, online professional development tool for AFP members that summarizes best-selling business books in a 10-15 minute video
Member Benefits Overview – AFP Professional Membership marks you as a leader in what you do
Chapters are at the heart of AFP and offer networking, educational programs and career opportunities. When you join AFP you will become a member of the East Central Illinois Chapter if you live or work within seventy-five miles of Champaign-Urbana.
As a member of the East Central Illinois Chapter you will be part of a group of fundraising professionals from a variety of nonprofit organizations. East Central Illinois Chapter offers luncheon programs on the third Friday of most months, presents special seminars featuring experts in the fundraising field, and hosts an annual National Philanthropy Day awards event. AFP ECI members also have the opportunity to be a part of the Mentor Program.
The East Central Illinois Chapter serves an area generally within 75 miles of Champaign-Urbana, with the exception of Bloomington which is served by the Central Illinois Chapter in Peoria. Communities served by the East Central Illinois Chapter include Danville, Mattoon, Charleston, Effingham and Decatur.
Join AFP online here.
Why become an AFP Member . . .
Local Benefits of Membership
- Networking Opportunities
- Member Discounts on Monthly Educational Programs
- Member Discounts on Chapter Conferences
- Member Discounts on National Philanthropy Day Events
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Chapter Scholarships
- Chapter Newsletter
- Chapter Mentoring Program
- Chapter Job Bank
National Benefits of Memberships
- Information Exchange
- AFP’s Toolkits for Fundraisers
- The Job Seekers Toolkit
- The Survival Kit for Fundraising in a Bad Economy
- The AFPResourceCenter
- The AFP Online JobCenter
- The AFP Member Directory and online Directory of Consultants
- The Advancing Philanthropy magazine
- AFP’s weekly online publication, eWire
- The AFP International Conference on Fundraising
- The AFP CFRE Review Course (online and classroom setting)
- Government relations and advocacy
- Free access to Research Council Think Tanks Reports
- The Annual AFP Compensation and Benefits Study
- The AFPState of Fundraising Report
- Member discounts for the CFRE program & AFP administers ACFRE
- Free Member Downloads of AFP Ready Reference Series
- Professional Networking and Mentoring